Menu & recipes are at bottom of blog.
We'd love to hear your feedback/testimonies if you try any of our recipes!!
1. Present your body as a living sacrifice; Do not be conformed to the world; Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). Cleanse your mind daily with God's Word; Abide in The Truth; Focus on what you CAN have (food that heals & refreshes) instead of what keeps you sick.
2. Ask for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit. SELF-CONTROL is a fruit of the Spirit. This is where your power to change comes from. Repent of old habits that have not served you, your family or God, receive his amazing grace, and press forward in HIS POWER. "He gives more grace...“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” - James 4:6
3. Remember: You are fasting & surrendering (Biblical; God's Power; breakthrough), NOT dieting (work of the flesh; fleeting; bondage). Watch my 10min FASTING VIDEO for encouragement.
4. Be prepared with ideas, recipes & ingredients. YOU ARE AN AGENT OF HEAVENLY CHANGE! BE THE EXAMPLE & do it with JOY!
5. Cast down your fears in the name of Jesus! You are NOT given a Spirit of fear, but one of power, love AND a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7). If what others are calling "food" is making YOU sick, at some point you have to quit sacrificing your health & your obedience to The Lord because of fear of what others will think, fear of failure, fear that you will not be able to have fun anymore, fear of letting someone down because you changed your recipe or tradition. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Be brave. Stay strong. Walk in grace. And seek continual discernment through this journey. YOU. ARE. A. GOD-PLEASER. NOT A PEOPLE-PLEASER.
6. Dust off the lie that REAL FOOD is gross or boring & that you can't have fun without alcohol. LIE! Name. of. Jesus! When I throw a party... WE HAVE FUN! WE STAY HEALTHY! WE INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO NEW IDEAS & HEALTHY DESSERTS! WE STAY SOBER! And WE WORSHIP THE LORD in Word & action. You can too! Pray & ask the Lord for healthy desires & cravings.
7. Ask yourself: Is it really worth it to stay sick & tired, to gain the holiday weight AGAIN OR to throw in the towel on the progress you've made thus far for that 1 meal, 1 day, 1 night, 1 season....?
For me, I am so much more alive Spiritually, mentally & physically when I am rested & feeding my body (physically & Spiritually) what makes me thrive. I walk in a lot more grace, awareness, clarity, joy, power & compassion when I'm not feeding my flesh. I hear more clearly from the Lord & have more peace & energy. When I have compromised & don't feel well, I have a lot less to pour out & it is hard to live out God's calling on my life. I LOVE that I can prepare a FEAST for my friends & family that is 100% healthy, feeds their bodies (even though some don't appreciate it), feeds their soul & Spirit, with no hangover (by food or drink!) the next day or week! Although it was challenging at first, it is a way of life now. It is part of the Godly Legacy I will leave behind. It's never too late to change, friends! The facade of what America is calling "food" is one of the biggest lies we have believed. Eating real food is not "extreme." It's logical.
We neither neglect our bodies nor obsess over them. Freedom in Christ is neither religion nor rebellion. If we keep Jesus the main thing, we will stay free in the process!!!
WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE - Mat 19:26
**CLICK IMAGES FOR RECIPES**
We assumed you would either know or figure out how to cook a turkey ;) Be sure your brine/broth & ingredients are gluten-free (if necessary), & use real spices to flavor.
Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving to all of you!! We have MUCH to be grateful for!!
NOTE: Option 2 is a great way to get your daily coconut oil in!!
When adding coconut oil to any recipe, you add anti-bacterial (antibiotic), anti-viral, anti-fungal & overall anti-microbial, medicinal & fat-burning nutrition to your creation :) With the extra peppermint essential oil, also a powerful antibiotic/antiviral/anti-microbial, you now have a powerful medicinal drink that tastes AMAZING and won't harm your "good bacteria" (probiotics)!! AND the peppermint will sure open up your sinuses!!
SICK?? Doctor's orders.... drink healthy hot cocoa :) How fun is that?!
OPTION 1: Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat to desired temperature, adding the collagen powder at the end once the heat is turned off.
OPTION 2 (healthiest): Instead of heating this mixture on the stovetop you can step up the nutritional content by blending all ingredients in a high-powered blender, on high speed, the coconut oil/butter and collagen powder to make it a frothy/creamy "chocolate latte"! Blend on high until it heats to desired temperature.
Enjoy a healthy, medicinal dose of caprylic acid (anti-fungal/anti-viral/anti-bacterial; thyroid fuel; fat-burning; brain nourishing) goodness from coconut oil and the good, saturated, nourishing, digestible fats from the grass-fed butter. If you add the collagen powder, technically this "drink" is a "meal" balanced with fantastic fats and proteins... and ZERO sugar crash! This makes for a healthy addition to any breakfast, and could be considered a healthy, small mid-day meal. There is a lot of medicinal value and nourishment in this brain-nourishing, fat-burning treat!!
*Feel free to use Stevia, xylitol or monkfruit to taste, if on Candida Detox, or raw honey if you're not.
You're welcome! ;)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all spices in a small bowl. Evenly coat roast with oil. Rub roast evenly with spice mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes. Heat a spoonful of coconut or avocado oil in large pan. Place roast in pan (if it doesn't sizzle immediately, the oil is not hot enough). Brown for a few minutes on each side (this will seal in moisture and give it a nice color). Place in roasting pan or glass dish.
Combine honey and fresh garlic in a small bowl. With a basting brush, coat browned roast evenly on all sides. (If you are on a Candida Detox, this step can be omitted.)
Roast your tenderloin in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes. Place on cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
15 Minute Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Applesauce - NOT good for Candida Detox ; Please wait until you're cleared to eat apples :)
*This recipe is GREAT without sauce too!
Add Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Crispy Brussels Sprouts to make a yummy and complete meal that is sure to be a hit!!!
1/2 cup coconut butter
2 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
4 Tbsp raw honey (or liquid Stevia to taste if on Candida Detox)
1/4 tsp PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
1 bag Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips
1/3 cup organic coconut oil
1-1/2 Tbsp raw honey
1/4-1/2 tsp PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Line a mini muffin tin with 12 liners and set aside.
FOR THE WHITE LAYER
In a medium bowl, combine coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, and peppermint essential oil. Stir until smooth. Put a small amount in each muffin liner and press into the bottom so they are even. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
Combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and honey in a pan over medium heat until smooth. You just want to warm it enough that there are no lumps, but don’t boil it or heat it too long. Turn off the heat and add the PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL.
Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the white layer. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until completely hard. Store in a bag or covered dish in the fridge or freezer.
These are great to have on hand for a quick, healthy chocolate fix ;)
This recipe was adapted from goldenbarrel.com
Seriously you guys!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE why you cannot have a HEALTHY HOLIDAY from this point forward without compromising flavor!! This recipe is AHHHHHmazing!!!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM CAREEN'S KITCHEN!
NOTE: If you have Candida overgrowth and you are a under my care, make sure I have cleared you to add dates before adding those to this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350.
Add butter and coconut oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, apple and herbs and saute over medium heat until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add all other ingredients, except eggs, to your mixture. Once everything is mixed well, add whisked eggs, mix thoroughly and transfer to your baking dish. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until the top is browned. Easy!
NOTE: Add dates only if you are Candida-free. If you are a under my care, make sure I have cleared you to add dates so that you do not go backwards on your health. If you have a cast iron skillet or Le Creuset dish that can go from stove-top to oven, you can saute, mix and bake everything in this 1 dish.
My mission is to educate, inspire & equip people to be healthy & to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My goal is to deliver hope, truth, wisdom and freedom to everyone I can by keeping JESUS the main thing in our pursuit of "wellness".