Optional: Can add 1 drop Frankincense essential oil to this mix if you like (if you're getting really sick) OR substitute Frankincense for the Oregano essential oil.
Add all ingredients to small glass or glass/metal medicine cup and drink 3-4 times per day (with meals), as needed for sickness, allergies, or cold/flu prevention. Stop if it bothers your stomach.
NOTES: Oregano essential oil is HOT. It can burn your lips or skin. Be careful not to let it touch your lips if possible. For adults, start with 1 drop oregano oil until you see how you tolerate this.
*Do not give this to children.
ALL essential oils can be purchased at wholesale cost through my ONLINE STORE. Never ingest store-bought essential oils unless you are CERTAIN they are safe to ingest. They MUST BE 100% pure to take them orally. Learn more about the quality of Nature's Sunshine Products at the ONLINE STORE link above.
Menu and recipes are at the bottom of this page.
We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments if you try any of them.
It is my honor to help you guys start new, healthy traditions and to assist those who are currently fasting from sugar or gluten or dairy, etc to still enjoy the Holidays! If God has lead you to make some lifestyle changes, then simply obey. You can trust Him. He who has called YOU is faithful & HE will do it! (1 Thes 5:24) It is worth it! YOU CAN stay healthy AND enjoy delicious meals over the holidays! Your joy is in the Lord more than it is in food or anything else ;)
Let me help you...
1. Present your body as a living sacrifice; Do not be conformed to the world; Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). Cleanse your mind daily with God's Word; Abide in The Truth; Focus on what you CAN have (food that heals & refreshes) instead of what keeps you sick.
2. Ask for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit. SELF-CONTROL is a fruit of the Spirit. This is where your power to change comes from. Repent of old habits that have not served you, your family or God, receive his amazing grace, and press forward in HIS POWER. "He gives more grace... God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” - James 4:6
3. Remember: You are fasting & surrendering (Biblical; God's Power; breakthrough), NOT dieting (work of the flesh; fleeting; bondage).
Watch my 10min FASTING VIDEO for encouragement.
4. Be prepared with ideas, recipes & ingredients. YOU ARE AN AGENT OF HEAVENLY CHANGE! BE THE EXAMPLE & do it with JOY and without complaining! Make your holiday more about relationships than about the food.
5. Cast down your fears in the name of Jesus. You are NOT given a Spirit of fear, but one of power, love AND a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7). If what others are calling "food" is making YOU sick, at some point you have to quit sacrificing your health & your obedience to The Lord because of fear of what others will think, fear of failure, fear that you will not be able to have fun anymore, fear of letting someone down because you changed your recipe or tradition. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Be brave. Stay strong. Walk in grace. And seek continual discernment through this journey. YOU. ARE. A. GOD-PLEASER. NOT A PEOPLE-PLEASER.
6. Dust off the lie that REAL FOOD is gross or boring & that you can't have fun without alcohol. LIE! Name. of. Jesus! When I throw a party... WE HAVE FUN! WE STAY HEALTHY! WE INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO NEW IDEAS & HEALTHY DESSERTS! WE STAY SOBER! And WE WORSHIP THE LORD in Word & action. You can too! Pray & ask the Lord for healthy desires, healthy cravings, and new healthy traditions/ideas.
7. Ask yourself: Is it really worth it to stay sick & tired, to gain the holiday weight AGAIN or to throw in the towel on the progress you've made thus far for that 1 meal, 1 day, 1 night, 1 season....?
For me, I am so much more alive Spiritually, mentally & physically when I am rested & feeding my body (physically & Spiritually) what makes me thrive. I walk in a lot more energy, grace, kindness, awareness, clarity, joy, power & compassion when I'm not feeding my flesh. I hear more clearly from the Lord & have more peace. I am more patient with others. When I have compromised & don't feel well, I have a lot less to pour out & it is hard to live out God's calling on my life. I LOVE that I can prepare a FEAST for my friends & family that is 100% healthy, feeds their bodies (even though some don't appreciate it), feeds their soul & Spirit, with no hangover (by food or drink!) the next day or week! Although it was challenging at first, it is a way of life now. It is part of the Godly Legacy I will leave behind. It's never too late to change, friends. The facade of what America is calling "food" is one of the biggest lies we have believed. Eating real food is not "extreme." It's medicine. It's obedience. It's discipline. It's logical. It's a sacrifice.
We neither neglect our bodies nor obsess over them. Freedom in Christ is neither religion nor rebellion. If we keep Jesus the main thing, we will stay free in the process!!!
WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE - Mat 19:26
**CLICK IMAGES FOR RECIPES**
We assumed you would either know or figure out how to cook a turkey ;) Be sure your brine/broth & ingredients are gluten-free (if necessary), & use real spices to flavor.
Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving to all of you!! We have MUCH to be grateful for!!