NOTE: Option 2 is a great way to get your daily coconut oil in!!
When adding coconut oil to any recipe, you add anti-bacterial (antibiotic), anti-viral, anti-fungal & overall anti-microbial, medicinal & fat-burning nutrition to your creation :) With the extra peppermint essential oil, you now have a powerful antibiotic drink that won't harm your "good bacteria" (probiotics)!!
SICK?? Doctor's orders.... drink healthy hot cocoa :) How fun is that?!
COOKED APPLESAUCE: Combine apples (not necessary to peel if cooking), cinnamon & Swerve in a high-powered blender and blend until you get your desired consistency, adding water as needed. Pour into a sauce pan. Bring to slow boil and reduce to simmer 10 minutes.
RAW APPLESAUCE: Combine 6 apples (peeled, cored & diced), 2 Tbsp lemon juice & 2 tsp Cinnamon to high-powered blender. Blend to desired consistency, adding minimal raw honey or Swerve only if necessary ;)
Applesauce makes a great snack, side or "compote" topping for my Pork Tenderloin.
Feel free to use raw honey or agave to sweeten if you are not on a Candida Detox. However, I challenge you to practice eating things naturally sweet without adding extra sweeteners when possible ;)
*For easy thawing, freeze flat in Ziploc bag.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all spices in a small bowl. Evenly coat roast with oil. Rub roast evenly with spice mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes. Heat a spoonful of coconut or avocado oil in large pan. Place roast in pan (if it doesn't sizzle immediately, the oil is not hot enough). Brown for a few minutes on each side (this will seal in moisture and give it a nice color). Place in roasting pan or glass dish.
Combine honey and fresh garlic in a small bowl. With a basting brush, coat browned roast evenly on all sides. (If you are on a Candida Detox, this step can be omitted.)
Roast your tenderloin in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes. Place on cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
15 Minute Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Applesauce - NOT good for Candida Detox ; Please wait until you're cleared to eat apples :)
*This recipe is GREAT without sauce too!
Add Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Crispy Brussels Sprouts to make a yummy and complete meal that is sure to be a hit!!!
Menu & recipes are at bottom of blog. We'd love to hear your feedback/testimonies if you try any of our recipes!!
It is my honor to help you guys start new, healthy traditions and to assist those who are currently fasting from sugar or gluten or dairy, etc to still enjoy the Holidays! If God has lead you to make some lifestyle changes, then simply OBEY. You can trust Him. He who has called you is faithful & HE will do it! (1 Thes 5:24) It is worth it! YOU CAN stay healthy AND enjoy delicious meals over the holidays!
Let me help you:
1. Present your body as a living sacrifice; Do not be conformed to the world; Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). Cleanse your mind daily with God's Word; Abide in The Truth; Focus on what you CAN have (food that heals & refreshes) instead of what keeps you sick.
2. Ask for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit. SELF-CONTROL is a fruit of the Spirit. This is where your power to change comes from. Repent of old habits that have not served you, your family or God, receive his amazing grace, and press forward in HIS POWER. "He gives more grace...“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” - James 4:6
3. Remember: You are fasting & surrendering (Biblical; God's Power; breakthrough), NOT dieting (work of the flesh; fleeting; bondage). Watch my 10min FASTING VIDEO for encouragement.
4. Be prepared with ideas, recipes & ingredients. YOU ARE AN AGENT OF HEAVENLY CHANGE! BE THE EXAMPLE & do it with JOY!
5. Bind up your fears in the name of Jesus! You are NOT given a Spirit of fear, but one of power, love AND a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7). Quit sacrificing your health & your obedience to The Lord because of fear of what others will think, fear of failure, fear that you will not be able to have fun anymore, fear of letting someone down because you changed your recipe or tradition (really?!! - YES, I hear that a lot!).
YOU. ARE. A. GOD-PLEASER. NOT A PEOPLE-PLEASER.
6. Dust off the lie that REAL FOOD is gross or boring & that you can't have fun without alcohol. LIE! Name. of. Jesus! When I throw a party... WE HAVE FUN! WE STAY HEALTHY! WE INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO NEW IDEAS & HEALTHY DESSERTS! WE STAY SOBER! And WE WORSHIP THE LORD in Word & action. You can too! Pray & ask the Lord for healthy desires & cravings.
7. Ask yourself: Is it really worth it to stay sick & tired, to gain the holiday weight AGAIN OR to throw in the towel on the progress you've made thus far for that 1 meal, 1 day, 1 night, 1 season....?
For me, I am so much more alive Spiritually, mentally & physically when I am rested & feeding my body (physically & Spiritually) what makes me thrive. We walk in a lot more grace, awareness, clarity, joy, power & compassion when we are not feeding our flesh. I hear more clearly from the Lord & have more peace & energy. When I have compromised & don't feel well, I have a lot less to pour out & it is hard to live out God's calling on my life. I LOVE that I can prepare a FEAST for my friends & family that is 100% healthy, feeds their bodies (even though some don't appreciate it), feeds their soul & Spirit, with no hangover (by food or drink!) the next day or week! Although it was challenging at first, it is a way of life now. It is part of the Godly Legacy I will leave behind. It's never too late to change, friends!
We neither neglect our bodies nor obsess over them. Freedom in Christ is neither religion nor rebellion. If we keep Jesus the main thing, we will stay free in the process!!! WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE - Mat 19:26
**CLICK IMAGES FOR RECIPES**
We assumed you would either know or figure out how to cook a turkey ;) Be sure your brine/broth & ingredients are gluten-free (if necessary), & use real spices to flavor.
Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving to all of you!! We have MUCH to be grateful for!!
In a small mixing bowl, soak quinoa for 10 minutes to get the bitterness out then rinse until water runs clear. Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
Combine water and quinoa in a medium sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, spices, vanilla, coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt. Add to cooked quinoa. Add coconut milk to desired texture depending on how moist you like it. Add Swerve to taste. Place in a baking dish.
Combine pecans, cinnamon, melted butter and swerve to taste. Put on top of quinoa mixture.
350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until nuts are golden and sizzling but not burned.
Serve with HEALTHY WHIPPED CREAM and enjoy this warm, cozy breakfast treat! This recipe makes a fairly large batch but it freezes & reheats really well!!!
To freeze: Place in ziplock freezer bag & press flat. Place in fridge overnight to thaw.
To reheat: Place in baking dish, add nut mixture, loosely cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for about 10 - 15 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from http://www.worthcooking.net
1/2 cup coconut butter
2 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
4 Tbsp raw honey (or liquid Stevia to taste if on Candida Detox)
1/4 tsp PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
1 bag Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips
1/3 cup organic coconut oil
1-1/2 Tbsp raw honey
1/4-1/2 tsp PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Line a mini muffin tin with 12 liners and set aside.
FOR THE WHITE LAYER
In a medium bowl, combine coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, and peppermint essential oil. Stir until smooth. Put a small amount in each muffin liner and press into the bottom so they are even. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
Combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and honey in a pan over medium heat until smooth. You just want to warm it enough that there are no lumps, but don’t boil it or heat it too long. Turn off the heat and add the PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL.
Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the white layer. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until completely hard. Store in a bag or covered dish in the fridge or freezer.
These are great to have on hand for a quick, healthy chocolate fix ;)
This recipe was adapted from goldenbarrel.com
ALL of my recipes are gluten-free and dairy-free, and MOST are Candida-detox-friendly because that's what most people I get to work with struggle with. My goal is to help "feed" the body of Christ- spiritually, physically and emotionally by teaching you how to cook, eat, think and live according to God's Word.